Getting a new camera for Christmas (oh, you’re not supposed to know, shhhh, I won’t tell…)
Want to know how to make your camera give you the results you expect?
Bring your camera and take my camera class!!
If you’re interested, please let me know so I can book a space and get food arranged.
It will run about three hours or until your head explodes… photo geeks can talk shutter for longer than should be allowed… it includes dinner and it’s best if you can bring your camera! Don’t have one yet… that’s OK, you’ll get to try everyone else’s before you make the decision which one you want to buy!!
Here’s a basic outline of the class…
This class fills in the missing part between what your camera manual tells you and buying a photography book on photography techniques. We discuss some photography fundamentals and then get into the functions of your camera and how to adjust your settings to make the photos you want to make. It lasts about three hours or as long as you can stand… Here’s part of the class handout…
• Common Problems you have and/or want to “fix”.
• Canon, Leica, Mamiya, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sigma, Sony….
• Holding your camera
• Mega Pixels, do I care?
• JPEG vs. RAW
• Crop Factor: Full Frame, 1.3 (Canon), 1.5 (Nikon), 1.6 (Canon)
• Red Eye
• What do you “gain” by moving up the camera line?
• Your camera, the super computer
• Basic Zones, Scene Modes, Point & Shoot Modes (the little pictures)
• Camera Modes, Manual, A or AV, T or TV and P
• Seeing the Light
• Depth of Field
• Focus Point
• Exposure Compensation
• White Balance
Get in touch with me at (775) 790-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org Once you’ve confirmed attendance I’ll send you a brief on-line survey so I know a little about our class members… and I promise not to pick on you if you shoot Nikon. 🙂